You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘200’ category.
“Under the Pentastar” is a weekly recap of some of the major stories at Chrysler Group LLC. This week’s stories include: May sales figures, Jeep brand and USA Basketball’s “Power by Design,” Mopar Ram Runner’s desert duel, and Brad Keselowski’s NASCAR Nationwide series victory.
“Under the Pentastar” is a weekly recap of some of the major stories at Chrysler Group LLC. This week’s stories include: April sales, no summer shutdown for some plants, Chrysler moves in, new Dart building wrap, and Chrysler remembers Dan Knott.
- Mopar® ’12 300, a custom Chrysler 300 that goes from 0 to 60 mph in the low 5-second range, is third factory-built Mopar-badged vehicle from Chrysler Group LLC
- All-new 2013 Dodge Dart ‘GTS 210 Tribute’ and 2012 Fiat 500 ‘Stinger’ get two Mopar stage kits, highlighting appearance and performance
- 2012 Mopar Jeep Compass ‘True North’ gets a 2-inch lift, aggressive look and extreme personalization
- Mopar hints at future with new dealership experience, retail program, tuning station, owner centers and technology to enhance connecting with customers Read the rest of this entry »
- 2012 Chrysler 200 sedan modified using Mopar parts and accessories
- Stage One appearance package amplifies refined styling of Chrysler 200
- Stage Two amplifies performance with coil-over suspension, cold-air intake and cat-back exhaust
- Mopar package will be available on Chrysler 200S sedans in 2012
- Pentastar 3.6-liter V-6 cited for exceptional fuel economy, emissions and power
- Chrysler‘s Pentastar engine once again recognized by the editors of Ward’s Automotive as one of the “10 Best Engines” for 2012
- Chrysler’s workhorse V-6 now available in many Jeep®, Chrysler, Dodge passenger cars and Sport Utility vehicles for 2012
- Mated to new eight-speed transmission, 3.6-liter V-6 engine delivers 31 mpg on the highway with Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger
- New 2012 Jeep Wrangler boasts improved fuel economy with 40 percent increase in power with Pentastar V-6 engine
December 9, 2011 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Chrysler Group’s Pentastar 3.6 – liter V-6 engine once again has been recognized by the editors of Ward’s Automotive as one of the “10 Best Engines”.
“Every year, Ward’s Auto recognizes the industry leaders in engine technology. Chrysler has successfully demonstrated the breadth of this engine and how it delivers on all fronts including fuel economy, lower emissions and power.”
Editor at Ward’s Auto
Named to the exclusive group of engines last year after its introduction in the 2011 Jeep® Grand Cherokee, the Pentastar V-6 engine is now standard or available on Chrysler 200, 300 and Town & Country; Dodge Avenger, Challenger, Charger, Durango, Journey and Caravan. For 2012, the Pentastar 3.6-liter engine also is now standard on the new Jeep Wrangler.
Designed to meet a variety of requirements across both front-and rear-drive models, the Pentastar V-6 also is the exclusive engine used with the new eight-speed automatic transmission on Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300 models. The engine and transmission combination deliver 31 miles-per-gallon (mpg) on the highway.
On Jeep Wrangler, the 3.6-liter engine improved fuel efficiency to 21 mpg on the highway while delivering 285 horsepower and 260 lb. ft. of torque, improvement s of 40 and 10 percent, respectively.
“We are continuing development of advance technologies, which will be applied to the Pentastar V-6 as they become available, for even more fuel efficiency and performance.
Vice President and Head of Engine
and Electrified Propulsion Engineering
Chryler Group LLC.