You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Cummins’ category.
“Under the Pentastar” is a weekly recap of some of the major stories at Chrysler Group LLC. This week’s stories include 2013 Ram 1500 gets a finalist spot for North American Car and Truck/Utility of the Year, the 2-millionth Cummins diesel engine for Ram trucks is produced, Pentastar V-6 engine is named one of Ward’s 10 Best Engines for the third straight year, and The Chrysler Foundation helps donate toys with the help of Michigan State Police in time for the holidays.
- Milestone engine destined for display
- Ram-Cummins partnership spans four decades
- Capability of current High-Output Cummins engine more than double that of original offering
“Under the Pentastar” is a weekly recap of some of the major stories at Chrysler Group LLC. This week’s stories include highlights from the unveiling of the 2013 Ram truck Heavy Duty and Chassis Cab line at the Texas State Fair, teaser sketches from Mopar on the “Moparized” vehicles to go on display at next month’s SEMA show in Las Vegas, news about free Uconnect Access trials and the New York State man who won Pitbull-inspired Dodge Dart.
- 2013 Ram Chassis Cab goes far beyond competitive capability with best-in-class towing and best-in-class total cost of ownership
- New 2013 Ram Chassis Cab includes significant upgrades to powertrain, frame, suspension, body, electrical architecture and interior
- Legendary diesel power with new six-speed automatic and manual transmissions
- 6.7-liter Cummins available with high output option producing 325 horsepower (242 kW) at 3,000 rpm and best-in-class 750 lb.-ft. of torque (559 N•m)
- 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 delivers 383 horsepower (286 kW) at 5,600 rpm and 400 lb.-ft. of torque (542 N•m), and features variable-valve timing for greater efficiency and performance (Ram 3500 Chassis Cab)
- New Aisin AS69RC six-speed automatic transmission handles higher diesel output and offers enhanced power take-off (PTO) capability
- Exclusive dual-inlet Ram Active Air in diesel models adjusts induction according to driving conditions for optimal performance
- Best-in-class 15,000-mile oil change intervals on Cummins diesel
- Advanced diesel engine cooling system enables 25-percent more heat rejection for harsh duty cycles when compared to previous design
- Next-generation selective catalytic reduction (SCR) and diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) system — more efficient energy
- Innovative features combined with excellence in engineering make upfitting easy and less expensive
- Only manufacturer to feature standard electronic stability control (ESC) on all models
- New frame improvements include high-strength 50 KSI steel, eight cross member construction, C-channel rear rails to ensure continued unsurpassed noise, vibration and harshness (NVH), ride and handling characteristics
- Integration of Powernet technology enables expansion of feature content by adding bandwidth to the truck’s electrical architecture
- Best-in-class powertrain warranty – 5 years/100,000 miles
- Exterior design changes include new grilles and all-new premium lighting system with bi-functional halogen projector bulbs and LEDs for park/turn and side markers
- New interior features include: Standard and premium vehicle information center, steering wheel and controls, instrument panel, door panels, interior colors and premium materials
- Next-generation Uconnect Access combines a new lineup of smart media centers with a powerful new wireless platform that includes Wi-Fi hotspot capability
- New configurable premium vehicle information center with 7-inch multiview display available on SLT and standard on Laramie models
- Best-in-class, new vehicle system interface module (VSIM)
- New Passive Entry, Keyless Enter ’n Go
- Ram Trucks return as ‘Official Automotive Sponsor’ of guide
- Illustrative images reminiscent of nostalgic national park posters
August 14, 2012 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Illustrative posters created in the 1930s and ’40s to stir the public’s imagination for travel and adventure are the inspiration for a new series of print advertisements for 2013 Ram pickup trucks.
Today we bring you another edition of the Brandl Media Minute. This week we’re working with a 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie with the 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel. Follow along with yours truly as I show you the integrated 115V Power Inverter that provides you with a wall like outlet right in the truck. You can now plug in and charge batteries of all kinds, including cameras, laptops, cell phones, and any other light duty power needs.
You can find this awesome feature across all four American Chrysler Group Brands, though not in all trim levels and models. You will find it in Chrysler Town and Country‘s, Dodge Durango‘s, Jeep Grand Cherokee‘s, and select Ram Trucks.
Stay tuned as we will be doing more Brandl Media Minute Videos, explaining more of the great things these vehicles can do! If you have any questions about how to operate any of the features on your Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Vehicle, or have suggestions on other topics we should cover, send me an email at LT@BrandlMotors.com