You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Grand Cherokee’ category.
“Under the Pentastar” is a weekly recap of some of the major stories at Chrysler Group LLC. This week’s extended edition wraps up big news from the 2013 North American International Auto Show in Detroit including the 2013 Ram 1500 winning the North American Truck/Utility of the Year Award, the unveiling of the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Grand Cherokee SRT and Compass. There were also awards for the Chrysler Town and Country minivan and Chrysler Group LLC Chairman and CEO Sergio Marchionne.
Click on the buttons below to share socially. Thanks again for checking out Chrysler Catchall!
- Lone engine among Ward’s 10 Best to be tested in a truck
- “Combines luxury-car-like refinement with boatload of low-end torque,” says Drew Winter,
- Ward’s AutoWorld Editor-in-Chief
- Has accounted for 7 percent improvement in fuel economy across Chrysler Group lineup
- Contributes to best-in-class fuel-economy ratings for Ram 1500, Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger
- Jeep® Wrangler recognized as ‘Hottest 4×4 SUV’ at SEMA
- More than 300 Mopar performance parts and accessories available for Jeep Wrangler
- Mopar and the Jeep brands work together to create Jeep Performance Parts, even more parts to increase off-road performance
- Mopar’s off-road division announces new Mopar 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8 and 5.7-liter HEMI engine conversion kits for 2007 through 2011 model-year Jeep Wranglers
October 30, 2012 , Las Vegas - For the third consecutive year, the Jeep® Wrangler was recognized as the ‘Hottest 4×4 SUV’ at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) trade show today in Las Vegas.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee – the most awarded SUV in history – captures “SUV of Texas” award for third consecutive year
- Jeep Grand Cherokee, Grand Cherokee Overland Summit and Wrangler win their respective categories
- “SUV of Texas” and “Full-size SUV of Texas” – 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- “Mid-size SUV of Texas” – 2013 Jeep Wrangler
- “Full-size Luxury SUV of Texas” – 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit
- Chrysler Group’s 24 Mopar-modified vehicles to fill expansive 15,300-sq.-ft. exhibit
- “Moparized” Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge, Ram, SRT and FIAT brand vehicles to take spotlight at ultimate aftermarket trade show
- Mopar to showcase more than 500 proven, quality-tested performance parts and accessories
- Recently created Mopar off-road division introduces new hard-core Jeep performance parts
- Jeep® brand reveals Grand Cherokee SRT Limited Edition, the newest limited-edition model of the high-performance Jeep flagship
- Brand showcases Jeep Wrangler Moab, the latest special-edition model of the iconic Wrangler
- European debut of Jeep Compass Overland special series – the most premium version of the Compass ever produced
September 17, 2012 , Auburn Hills, Mich. -At this year’s Paris Motor Show, the Jeep® brand will showcase to the public three new, special-edition models that will further enhance the Jeep product portfolio in Europe. Making their debuts are limited editions for the flagship Jeep Grand Cherokee, the iconic Jeep Wrangler and the urban compact SUV Jeep Compass.
- Jeep capability reaches new heights with Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and Wrangler Moab models
- Grand Cherokee Trailhawk first shown as concept last Spring; quickly developed enthusiast following
- Trailhawk is the most capable Grand Cherokee ever: solid steel rock rails, Goodyear Silent Armor all-terrain tires and standard Jeep Selec-Terrain and Quadra-Lift suspension systems
- New Wrangler special edition pays homage to popular enthusiast off-roading venue; boasts winch-ready steel bumpers, rear limited-slip differential and available rear locker
September 4, 2012 , Auburn Hills, Mich. -The best get even better… Jeep® Grand Cherokee and Jeep Wrangler – winners of the last two prestigious “Four Wheeler of the Year” awards from Four Wheeler magazine for their unmatched level of capability – will be available in two new, even more capable models for 2013.
July 27, 2012 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - An evaluation of the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee by Germany-based magazine Auto, Motor und Sport (AMS) found the vehicle – including its advanced safety systems – performed successfully and as designed. The Jeep Grand Cherokee completed multiple repetitions of an evasive maneuver sometimes known as the “moose test” or “elk test.”
July 3, 2012 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Chrysler Group LLC’s Street and Racing Technology (SRT) brand is hitting the road with its second annual “SRT Tour” featuring the entire 2012 vehicle lineup–including the 2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8, Dodge Challenger SRT8 392, Dodge Charger SRT8 and Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8–visiting more than 30 locations over the next three months.