“Under the Pentastar” is a weekly recap of some of the major stories at Chrysler Group LLC. This week’s edition includes SRT showing off the 2013 SRT-8 Core Performance models at the 2013 Chicago Auto Show, the Ram Truck Brand is the most improved brand in the J.D. Power and Associates 2013 Vehicle Dependability Study, and Chrysler Group dealers meet at the National Automotive Dealers Association in Orlando, Florida.
- Chrysler Group Director of Interior Engineering honored during 27th annual event
- Award recognizes leaders “whose lifetime performance marks a career that affects the careers of many others”
- Chrysler Group continues its nearly two-decades-long support of the BEYA Global Competitiveness Conference
- Seven other Chrysler Group engineers received “Modern Day Technology Leader” awards at the conference
February 12, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. – U.S. Black Engineer & Information Technology magazine awarded its 2012 Black Engineer of the Year Visionary Award (BEYA) to Larry Williams, Director, Interior Engineering, Chrysler Group LLC. Williams and other 2012 BEYA recipients were honored at the 27th BEYA Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Global Competitiveness Conference and Awards Gala on February 7-9 in Washington D.C.
The BEYA Conference honors outstanding leaders in the STEM fields and provides excellent opportunities for professional development, networking and recruiting. Chrysler Group has been the exclusive sponsor of the BEYA Gala for nearly two decades. Williams is the latest in a long list of BEYA-winning engineers at Chrysler Group.
“Larry is an accomplished engineer and exceptional leader who approaches both life and work with passion using his breadth of experience to create exceptional products while being committed to the development of young, talented engineers in our Company,” said Mark M. Chernoby, Senior Vice President, Engineering, Chrysler Group LLC. “Larry’s vision, drive and technical expertise has made him a valuable member of the Chrysler Engineering Team and a respected leader across the Company.”
Williams was appointed Director of Interior Engineering at Chrysler Group in 2011. In this position, he is responsible for leading and managing all design, development and release of all interior systems and components for Chrysler Group vehicles. He joined Chrysler Corporation as a product development engineer in 1985.
“I owe much of who I am to the strong African-American leaders who met adversity and paved the way for my success,” Williams said. “Inspired by these outstanding people and role models, I know that it is both my responsibility and privilege to lead and inspire the next generation. I am very appreciative of this recognition of my career accomplishments.”
The magazine also honored Modern Day Technology Leaders (MDTL) at the conference, “bright, high performance, women and men shaping the future of engineering, science, and technology who demonstrate superior technical skills and leadership capability, generally at professional through senior manager levels.”
The following Chrysler Group engineers received this prestigious MDTL recognition:
- Mr. Anthony Abner, Business Planner
- Mr. Uchenna Amene, Quality Engineering Manager
- Mr. Mario Holmes, Chassis Project Responsible
- Ms. Trudy Robertson, Program Manager
- Ms. Nakia Simon, Senior Regulatory Engineer
- Ms. Kejuanna Thomas, Business Systems Lead
- Ms.Tracy Wilson, Program Manager
About Chrysler Group’s leadership commitment to diversity and inclusion
In 2012, the Detroit Free Press named Chrysler Group as one of the best places to work in the state of Michigan. Chrysler Group has been named one of the “100 Best Companies for Working Mothers” by Working Mother magazine 13 times, and has been recognized six times by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation as one of the country’s leading corporations supporting diversity and inclusion. In 2012, the Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce named Chrysler Group Corporation of the Year for its achievements in bringing more minority-owned businesses into its supply chain.
Also in 2012, the editors of LatinaStyle magazine selected Chrysler Group for inclusion on magazine’s 2012 list of the 50 best companies for Hispanic women to work in the U.S., which is considered the most important recognition of efforts by corporate America to promote diversity and provide career advancement opportunities for Hispanic women.
In 2011 and 2012, the editors of DiversityInc magazine named Chrysler Group to the magazine’s list of “Top 50 Companies for Diversity.” This coveted annual benchmark is comprised of companies the magazine’s editors believe are diversity-management leaders.
Over the years, a long line of Chrysler Group employees have received important professional recognition from various diversity organizations, including Black Engineer of the Year, Women of Color, HENAAC Great Minds in STEM and others, reflecting the Company’s strong commitment to attracting and developing a diverse, talented workforce.
About Chrysler Group LLC
Chrysler Group LLC, formed in 2009 to establish a global strategic alliance with Fiat S.p.A., produces Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Mopar, SRT and Fiat vehicles and products. With the resources, technology and worldwide distribution network required to compete on a global scale, the alliance builds on Chrysler Group’s culture of innovation, first established by Walter P. Chrysler in 1925, and Fiat’s complementary technology that dates back to its founding in 1899.
Headquartered in Auburn Hills, Mich., Chrysler Group’s product lineup features some of the world’s most recognizable vehicles, including the Chrysler 300 and Town & Country, Jeep Wrangler, all-new Dodge Dart, Ram 1500, Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and Fiat 500. Fiat contributes world-class technology, platforms and powertrains for small- and medium-size cars, allowing Chrysler Group to offer an expanded product line including environmentally friendly vehicles.
Click on the buttons below to share socially. Thanks again for checking out Chrysler Catchall!
Popular Bass Fishing Trail to Kick-Off 2013 Season in March
February 11, 2013 , Norman, Okla. – Chrysler Group LLC’s Ram Truck brand will remain an official sponsor of the Texas Team Trail presented by Cabela’s as the trail builds upon an ultra-successful inaugural season. The Auburn Hills, Mich., – based company is a leading manufacturer of rugged and durable trucks for anglers and outdoorsmen and has become a key partner and integral component of Texas Team Trail events.
- Mopar Offers More Than 25,000 Accessories Worldwide
- Ram 1500, Jeep Wrangler and Dodge Challenger are most accessorized vehicles in North America
- Side steps, Jeep Wrangler tops and floor mats are best-selling accessories in North America
- Fiat 500, Fiat 500L and Jeep Grand Cherokee among most accessorized vehicles in other global regions
- Top-selling accessories announced for Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America
“Under the Pentastar” is a weekly recap of some of the major stories at Chrysler Group LLC. This week’s edition includes the super buzz over Chrysler Group’s two commercials that aired during the NFL Super Bowl telecast, the introduction at the Chicago Auto Show of the Ram ProMaster cargo van and chassis cab commercial vehicles, the awarding of the Kelly Blue Book Five-Year Value Award to the Jeep Patriot and the creation of Chrysler Group’s new financial company.
- Unlocked from the Dodge archive, the return of iconic Plum Crazy and HEMI® Orange paint codes answer enthusiasts’ desire for more high-impact heritage paint hues
- Limited-production run of Plum Crazy will start this March on DodgeChallenger R/T Classic and DodgeChallenger SRT8 editions, with ordering available now
- HEMI Orange paint returns for a limited time on the HEMI-powered DodgeChallenger R/T and SRT8 models starting this May
- The 2013 DodgeChallenger R/T is America’s most affordable V-8 muscle car at $29,995 MSRP
- 2014 RamProMaster puts RamTruck back into the expanding, purpose-built, full-size van segment with best-in-class features focused on the commercial customer
- New 2014 RamProMaster van developed from the successful, long-standing Fiat Ducato: 30-plus years of reliable service and more than 4.5 million units sold
- Exceptional cargo capability, durability, a unique front-wheel-drive system and outstanding uptime
- RamProMaster is a purpose-built, highly customizable van designed to exceed the demands of commercial customers
- ProMaster best-in-class feature
- Fuel economy
- Cargo capacity
- Total cost of ownership
- Turning radius
- Interior ceiling height
- Step-in height
- North American debut of world-class, torque-rich 3.0-liter I-4 EcoDiesel promises best-in-class fuel efficiency, robust capability and long service intervals
- 280-horsepower output from award-winning 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 unmatched among RamProMaster competitors
- Proven 62TE six-speed automatic transmission enhanced to suit unique ProMaster application
- North American-first automated six-speed manual controlled by software that responds to road conditions
- Best-in-class powertrain warranty – 5 years/100,000 miles
- New RamProMaster combines functionality and versatility with modern styling and professional appeal
- RamProMaster offers more than 35 safety and security features, including six air bags standard and electronic stability control technologies
- Read the rest of this entry »
- New models of DodgeChallengerSRT8 and Chrysler 300 SRT8 offer a back-to-basics performance recipe for the enthusiast customers who crave the core power, handling and capability features of their cars
- Newly added and historically significant exterior colors HEMI® Orange Pearl Coat, TorRed Clear Coat and Plum Crazy Pearl Coat make return on existing ChallengerSRT8 models and Dodge Charger SRT8 models
- New 300 SRT8 “Core” model is available in eight exterior colors
- New models expected to arrive in dealer showrooms this summer
“Under the Pentastar” is a weekly recap of some of the major stories at Chrysler Group LLC. This week’s edition includes Dodge launching the Dodge Dart Registry, a variety of awards for Chrysler Group vehicles, and Road to the Ram Jam features country music stars auctioning off their 2012 Ram 1500s – with proceeds going to charity.